Value of "Text box"

Why sometimes 'value' property of textbox isn't available?

It's really annoying because i can't even figure out on what conditions that property become unavailable.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20131009-zzva-38kb

Product: MS SQL Server 2012 Report Builder 3.0

• Edited by icegood Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:40 AM
October 9th, 2013 1:39pm

Hi

I have been trying to see in different work around on why the value column must be missing for you. Do you have enough permission in modifying stuff with Report Builder in your environment?

Cheers

Mani@YourSQLMan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 9th, 2013 3:55pm

I beleive yes... At least report was created by me and my account has local administator previliges
October 9th, 2013 4:40pm

You need to provide the value in textbox expression. Right click textbox and choose expression.

For details on how to assign a value to textbox, refer the below link,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms157328.aspx

October 9th, 2013 4:43pm

"expression" submenu is disabled too. 

The only thing i can do is to put text directly into control

October 9th, 2013 5:05pm

Hi

Could you confirm the below. Open your Report Manager and to the top right corner do you see site settings and if yes, can you click on that and see security option is there/enabled for you. Then check for your name on it and see where you are system administrator on it. If not try giving yourself system administrator if you can or use any other account that has system administrator and try opening the Report builder from the Report Manager and give a try.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Mani@YourSQLMan

October 9th, 2013 5:51pm

My sub-project now moves to common solution in visual studio 2012 BI. Have same situation here. Hasn't found any "security" setting related to that.
October 10th, 2013 11:05am

Hi icegood,

Did you create placeholder inside the textbox? Based on the screen shot your post, it seems that you open the properties dialog box of the placeholder rather than textbox.

When a simple or complex expression is defined inside a text box, the resulting UI representation of this expression is known as a placeholder. If we insert more than one placeholder or  placeholders and static text in a text box, we will get the same issue as your post. Please check, did you have the same situation in your report? We can change the underlying expression by double-clicking the placeholder or right-clicking the placeholder and selecting Placeholder Properties.

You can refer to the screen shot below:

There is an article about Formatting Text and Placeholders, you can refer to it.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207048.aspx

Regards,
Alisa Tang

October 10th, 2013 11:30am

Alisa, thanks for helping. But unfortunately it doesn't work even if text inside is empty.

October 14th, 2013 6:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics